This week’s Best XI contains the best dribblers of the Primera Division based on our build up-statistics. We selected the players with the most dribbles attempted in every position. A dribble is an action where a player heads in the direction of the opponents’ goal for a minimum of 5 meters.
Optimize your stats
– League leaders FC Barcelona are best represented with 3 players. Sevilla and Real Madrid are the other clubs who supply more than one player.
– Manolo Reina of RCD Mallorca is the only keeper this season with more than one dribble. Soria (Getafe), Lopez (Espanyol), Ter Stegen (Barcelona) and Ruben (Osasuna) all recorded 1 dribble.
– Lionel Messi is the player with by far the most dribbles (162). Second on the list is his teammate Frenkie de Jong (131), who is closely followed by Sergio Canales (130) of Real Betis.
– Both full-backs are from Sevilla: Reguilon and Jesus Navas have both played on the wing in the past.
– In the other traditional Big 4 leagues, the most dribbles are recorded by Adama Traore of Wolverhampton (259), Achraf Hakimi of Dortmund (140), Luis Alberto of Lazio (172), and PSG’s Neymar (168).
Below you will find the top 10 of players per position who score the highest on % forward passes completed per match.
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.