This week’s Best XI contains the most goal-oriented players of the Bundesliga based on our scoring-statistics. We selected the players with the most goal attempts on target in every position. If multiple players were tied for a spot in the team, we looked at the best goal attempt conversion rate (%).
Optimize your stats
– League leaders FC Bayern München are best represented with 4 players. They are the only team delivering more than one player.
– Rafał Gikiewicz of 1.FC Union Berlin is the only Bundesliga keeper this season with a goal attempt on target.
– Robert Lewandowski is the player with by far the most goal attempts on target (52). Second on the list is Leipzig striker Timo Werner (46).
– When we look at goal attempts on target per 90 minutes, the top 2 stays the same: Lewandowski (2.3) is followed by Werner (1.8).
– The third place for goal attempts on target per 90 minutes goes to Dortmund’s teenage sensation Erling Braut Håland: he averages 1.5 per game.
– Of the players who featured in at least half of the matches so far, BMG’s Lars Stindl has the highest goal attempt conversion rate. He scored 6 goals with 12 goal attempts (50%).
– In the traditional Big 5 leagues, the most goal-oriented players are Messi (52 goal attempts on target), Ronaldo (51), Mbappé (50), and Salah (42).
Below you will find the top 10’s of Bundesliga players per position who had the most goal attempts on target so far:
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.