This week’s Best XI contains the best chance creators of the Premier League based on our offensive-statistics. We selected the players with the most key actions in every position. A key action is any action which leads to a shot of a teammate. These actions range from passes and set pieces to duels and goal kicks.
Optimize your stats
– Only Burnley FC is represented by more than one player.
– Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne is the biggest chance creator; he had 94 key actions in total.
– Nick Pope of Burnley (3) is the only keeper together with Aaron Ramsdale of Bournemouth (2) who had more than one key action.
– When we look at key actions per match, De Bruyne still leads the way (3.6). Interestingly, Manchester United’s new kid on the block Bruno Fernandes comes in second (2.6 per 90 minutes).
– Both full-backs are from Sevilla: Reguilon and Jesus Navas have both played on the wing in the past.
– In the other traditional Big 4 leagues, the most key actions have been made by Campaña (55) of Levante, Luis Alberto (73) of Lazio, Payet (78) of Marseille, and Bayern München’s Müller & Kimmich (both 56).
Below you will find the top 10’s of Premier League players per position who made the most key actions so far this season:
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.