This week’s Best XI contains the most successful ball conquerors of the Ligue 1 based on our Turn Over (possession gained) -statistics. In every position, we selected the players with the most possession regains by means of duels. The only other way to regain possession is intercepting passes.
Optimize your stats
– The only two clubs to supply more than one player to the team are the numbers 18 and 15 of the league: Amiens SC and FC Metz.
– The player to lead the ranking is Andrei Girotto of FC Nantes, with 75 possession regains by duel.
– Régis Gurtner of Amiens is the only goalkeeper together with Marseille’s Steve Mandanda to have 3 possession regains. We picked Gurtner because he needed less duels to reach this score.
– When we look at possession regains by duel per 90 minutes Girotto still leads the way (3.0), closely followed by Marseille’s Boubacar Kamara (2.9).
– Stade Rennais wonderkid Eduardo Camavinga only just misses out on a spot in midfield, recording one less possession regain than Habib Maïga of FC Metz.
– In the other traditional Big 4 leagues, the top performers in regaining possession by duels are Declan Rice of West Ham (79), Sven Bender of Bayer Leverkusen (59), Casemiro of Real Madrid (78), and Mattia Bani of Bologna (59).
Below you will find the top 10’s of Ligue 1 players per position who made the most possession regains by duel so far this season:
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.