This week’s Best XI contains the MLS players of the 2019 season with the best aim. Based on our scoring-statistics, we selected the players per position who recorded the most shots on target during the previous season.
Optimize your stats
– Three clubs manage to deliver multiple players to the team: FC Dallas, San Jose Earthquakes, and Los Angeles FC.
– Remarkably, only two American players are featured: Jimmy Maurer and Ryan Hollingshead.
– The players to lead the ranking are Carlos Vela of LAFC, and Zlatan Ibrahimović of LA Galaxy. Both had 58 shots on target.
– The only goalkeeper to record any shots on target was FC Dallas’ Jimmy Maurer, while only playing three matches during the whole season.
– The ranking of shots on target per 90 minutes is still led by the same two players, while Ibrahimovic (1.9) slightly pulls ahead of Vela (1.8) because of a difference in matches played.
– In the traditional Big 5 European leagues, the players with the most shots on target this season are Mohamed Salah of Liverpool (39), Robert Lewandowski of Bayern München (47), Lionel Messi of FC Barcelona (39), Kylian Mbappe of PSG (50), and Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus (42).
Below you will find the top 10’s of MLS players per position who had the most shots on target last season:
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.