This weeks’ Team of the week is based on the performance of both Dutch national teams. The women’s national team won with 4-1 against Slovenia and the men qualified for the European Championships 2020 with a 0-0 draw against North-Ireland. The team of the week is based on the performance of the players on several different statistics resulting in a 1-10 grade. In this case the following statistics are used to compare the players.
Only for goalkeepers the performance score is based on a different set of statistics, namely: Save on goal attempts, Save percentage, Clean sheet, Interceptions caught and Pass completion. We selected the players with the highest perfomance score per position:
Optimize your facts:
– Matthijs de Ligt delivered the most passes (124). He completed 115 of them (92%), with 76 forward passes.
– Jackie Groenen had the most passes on the opponent half (81). She completed 69 of them and had 3 through passes.
– Joel Veltman had the most possession regain in play (11), 5 of them were by duel and 6 of them by interception.
– Aniek Nouwen received the first pass in possession the most (17).
– Vivianne Miedema produced the most shots (8), 3 of them were on target.
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.