This Monday the Team of the Week will be a Team of the League (so far)! That means that we will be looking to compose a team of the best performing players in 1 stat within the current league season. For this TotL we will be looking at the Ligue 1. The League 1 are furthest in their season of the Big 5, hitting their 30th matchday last weekend. Furthermore, the Ligue 1 has the closest battle for the top spot of the Big 5, with PSG and LOSC being tied for points and Lyon being only 3 points behind.
The team will consist of the players in the Ligue 1 who had the highest goal involvement per match on average based on our Offensive statistics. To qualify a player must have played in more than 40% of the matches this season (that means 13 matches or more). A match will get counted for the player if he has played for at least 45 minutes of it. This does mean that the high profile left winger of PSG Neymar is out of contention, as he has only played 12 matches this season due to his injury this season.
Optimize your stats
– Even without Neymar, PSG is represented in full force with 5 players on the Team of the League.
– Surprisingly LOSC and Lyon are represented with respectively 1 and 2 players on the Team, even though they are very close to PSG on the Season ladder.
– The best scoring player this week is Kylian Mbappé Lottin of PSG, with a goal involvement of 1.56 goals per match. In the Team we have him replace Neymar, as that is his most played position this league due to Neymar being injured for the majority. Neymar, in the 12 matches he did play, has a goal involvement of 1.50 per match.
– The goalkeeper position was picked based on a combination of amount of successful saves on goal attempts per match combined with save %. The Nice keeper Walter Benitez stood out most in these statistics with 5.3 saves per match, and a save % of 74%.
– Another stat we can look at is the average share in goals %. In this statistic Loïck Landre scored the best with a 77% share in the teams goals over 15 matches. Runner up was Amine Gouiri from OGC Nice with 76% in 29 matches.
– If we proceed to look at the average share in goal attempts % then the best scoring player was FC Metz’s Farid Boulaya with 66% over 26 matches. Boulaya has a 44% share in the total goals of FC Metz aswell. The runner up here was Amine Gouiri again with a 62% share of all goal attempts.
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.