This week we present 2 Teams of the Week, both composed out of the best players in the Eredivisie. We made a distinction in the best Dutch players and the best foreign players based on our player performance score.
We selected a maximum of three players per club. A player should have played 45 minutes per game in at least 10 matches. The performance score gives a score from 1-5 on several statistics. The statistics are chose on a specific profile for their position. The final score is the average of all chosen statistic scores. For each statistic the performance of the player can be compared with the league average, which is equal to 2.5.
The performance score is based on the following statistics: Involved in goal, Passes, Completed passes (%), Crosses, Forward passes, First pass in possession received, Attacking duels, Attacking duels won (%), Goal attempts on target, Shots, Goals, Key actions, Assists, Possession regain in play and Possession regain in play by duel. For the goalkeepers we used the following statistics: Passes, Completed passes (%), Save on goal attempts, Saves caught, Saves (%), Interceptions and Clean sheets.
Optimize your stats:
– In total the Dutch team has a performance score of 36,67 and the foreign team a performance score of 34,97. On average the score is 3,36 vs 3,17 per player, so based on the performance score the Dutch team is better.
– When we compare these stats per line, we have the following overview:
–> The Dutch team performs better in goalkeeper, defenders and attackers and the foreign team has the better midfielders.
– Because we selected a maximum of three players per club, Nico Tagliafico didn’t make it in the squad with the best foreign players. He had a performance score of 3,27. This was higher than Clark, but lower than teammates Ziyech, Tadic and Martinez.
– When we combine both of these teams, Hakim Ziyech is by far (!) the player with the highest performance score. Ziyech provided a score of 4,31 while number two Daley Blind ‘only’ had a score of 3,68.
– Ajax dominated these Teams of the Week with 5 players in total. AZ and Feyenoord delivered 4 players, PSV and FC Emmen 2, and FC Twente, Fortuna Sittard, FC Utrecht, Vitesse and Willem II all 1.
Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best
performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The
Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a
game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both
divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.