This weeks’ team is composed out of unstoppable players who can only be stopped by fouls. Based on our offensive-statistics in round 14 of the Eredivisie, we selected the players with the most suffered fouls per position.
Optimize your stats:
– Mark Diemers suffered the most fouls (47) this season in the Eredivisie. The record for most fouls suffered in one match this season is 7, provided by Ridgeciano Haps (twice), Oussama Tannane, Teun Koopmeiners and Crysencio Summerville. Aitor Cantalapiedra won the most penalties for his team, he was fouled 3 times this season in the penalty area.
– On average ADO Den Haag suffered the most fouls in this season, with 13 suffered fouls per match. Sparta Rotterdam suffered the least amount of fouls, with 8,5 per match. Overall, the matches involving Heracles Almelo have the most fouls per match. When Heracles plays, on average 26.2 free kicks are awarded for fouls.
– In the Big 5 leagues of Europe, Bologna FC (Serie A) suffered on average the most fouls, with 16,1 suffered fouls per match. Watford (Premier League) suffered the least amount of fouls, with on average 7 per match.
– On average there are 21,5 suffered fouls per match in this season of the Eredivisie. This is slightly more than in the English Premier League where players suffer on average 20.2 fouls per match and is significantly less than the Italian Serie A where the average is 26.8 per match.
– Below you will find the Top 10 players with the most suffered fouls per line in total of this season in the Eredivisie.
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.