This weeks’ team is composed out of chance creators. Based on our offensive-statistics in round 15 of the Eredivisie, we selected the players with the most key actions per position.
Key action = An action that leads to a shot of another teammate. The following actions can be categorized as a key action: Pass, Corner, Free kick, Throw in, Goal kick or Air duel.
Optimize your stats:
– Vitesse dominated this Team of the Week with 3 players.
– On average Hakim Ziyech (Ajax) produces the most key actions with 3,8 per match. In this season of the Eredivisie the record for most key actions in one match is 11, provided by Bryan Smeets, PEC Zwolle – Sparta Rotterdam, and Nikolai Laursen, FC Emmen – PEC Zwolle.
– The following players have the most key actions of a specific type:
Max Clark (Vitesse) gave the most crosses labeled as key action (16);
Hakim Ziyech (Ajax) provided the most key actions by corner, namely (15);
John Goossens (ADO Den Haag) is the most successful with free kicks, 8 of his free kicks ended up in a goal attempt.
– Ajax produces by far the most key actions (271) in this season of the Eredivisie. AZ and PSV are the current number two with 191 key actions. FC Twente (108) had the least amount of key actions.
– On average there are 20,5 key actions per match in this season of the Eredivisie. With on average 18,1 key actions per match, Ajax is on top of the Eredivisie. For example: In the Big 5 leagues of Europe, Manchester City (Premier League) produces the most key actions, with 15,5 key actions per match. Deportivo Alaves (Primera Division) had the least amount of key actions, with on average 5,5 per match.
– Below you will find the Top 10 players with on average the most key actions per line in this season of the Eredivisie.*
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic
the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the