This weeks’ team is composed out of the key players in a squad. Based on our scoring-statistics in round 16 of the Eredivisie, we selected the players per position who are the most involved in goals.
A player is involved in a goal if the player has one or more touches in the possession moment in which this team scores.
Optimize your stats:
– PSV dominated this Team of the Week with 6 players.
– This weekend PSV won 5-0 against Fortuna Sittard and scored two penalties. In the other 3 field goals, three defenders of PSV were involved three times.
– On average Quincy Promes (Ajax) is the player who is the most involved in a goal with 2,27 per 90 minutes. For example, in the Big 5 leagues only Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City) and Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig) have an higher average. Mahrez has an average of 2,48 and Nkunku had an average of 2,29. Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) is coming close with an average of 2,23.
– In this season of the Eredivisie the record for most involvement in goals in one match is 6; by goalkeeper Xavier Mous in round 6 (PEC Zwolle – RKC Waalwijk).
– Below you will find the Top 10 players with on average the most involved goals per line in this season of the Eredivisie.*
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.