This weeks’ team is composed out of the most dangerous players in a squad. Based on our scoring-statistics in round 17 of the Eredivisie, we selected the players with the most goal attempts per position.
A goal attempt is a ball action with the purpose to score a goal. It can be performed by a shot/header, a penalty or a free kick. For the goalkeeper we chose the statistic of involvement in a goal attempt.
Optimize your stats:
– On average Hakim Ziyech (Ajax) produces the most goal attempts with 5,11 per match. In this season of the Eredivisie the record for most goal attempts in one match is 9; provided by three players, namely: Hakim Ziyech, Ajax – FC Emmen, Mark Diemers, Vitesse – Fortuna Sittard, and Quincy Promes, Sparta Rotterdam – Ajax.
– Ajax produces by far the most goal attempts (393) in this season of the Eredivisie. PSV is the current number two with 292 goal attempts. FC Twente (170) had the least amount of goal attempts. Despite the fact that FC Twente had the least amount of goal attempts, they managed to get the highest % of goal attempt conversion. With 26 goals out of 170 goal attempts, FC Twente has a conversion rate of 17%. With 9%, FC Groningen had the lowest percentage goal attempt conversion rate.
– Reza Ghoochannejhad* (PEC Zwolle) is with 30% the player with the highest % of goal attempt conversion. 6 of his 20 goal attempts resulted in a goal.
*For this statistic a player should have at least 1 goal attempt per match.
– On average there are 27,6 goal attempts per match in this season of the Eredivisie. With on average 23,11 goal attempts per match, Ajax is on top of the Eredivisie. For example: In the Big 5 leagues of Europe, only Manchester City (Premier League) is close with 20,2 goal attempts per match. Deportivo Alaves (Primera Division) had the least amount of goal attempts, with on average 7,8 per match.
– Below you will find the Top 10 players with the most goal attempts per line in this season of the Eredivisie.*
Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best
performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The
Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a
game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both
divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.