This weeks’ team is composed out of the best ball conquerors. Based on our regain-statistics in round 18 of the Eredivisie, we selected the players with the most possession regains in play.
Possession regain in play = The moment that makes a team regains ball possession. A regain ball possession only counts when the ball did not go out of play. Therefore, set plays do not count as regain ball possession. Regain ball possession can be divided into: Regain by duel or Regain by interception.
Optimize your stats:
– On average Daley Blind (Ajax) has the most possession regains with 11,57 per match. In this season of the Eredivisie the record for most possession regains in one match is 21; provided by Sven Botman in round 17, SC Heerenveen – Willem II.
– Edson Alverez (Ajax) has the most possession regains by duel, with on average 3,44 per match. Eric Botteghin (Feyenoord) has the most possession regains by interception, with on average 8,07 per match.
– Ajax has the most possession regains on the opponent half (289). PSV is the current number two with 251 possession regains on the opponent half. VVV Venlo (135) had the least amount of possession regains on the opponent half.
– On average there are 119 possession regains per match, divided over both teams. With on average 66,5 possession regains per match (a total of 1196), Ajax is on top of the Eredivisie. For reference: In the Big 5 leagues of Europe, only VFL Wolfsburg (Bundesliga) is close with 65,6 possession regains per match. Genoa CFC (Serie A) had the least amount of possession regains, with on average 48,7 per match.
– Below you will find the Top 10 players with the possession regains per line in this season of the Eredivisie.
Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best
performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The
Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a
game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both
divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.