This weeks’ team is composed out of players who focus on playing forward. Based on our build up-statistics in round 20 of the Eredivisie, we selected the players with the highest % of forward passes completed per position.
Forward Pass Completed = A successful pass in forward direction. To avoid last-minute substitutes from entering the TOTW based on a small number of passes, a minimum play time of 30 minutes was used.
Optimize your stats
– Vitesse came out on top as they are represented by 3 players this week. Remarkably, the lowest ranked team (RKC Waalwijk) provides 2 players, whereas league leaders Ajax are not represented at all.
– Surprisingly, FC Groningen had the fewest number of completed forward passes this week (79), and they still beat Ajax who were ranked second this week with 229 forward passes completed.
– Stijn Wuytens of AZ scores the highest on average this season (94.24%).
– The player with the most forward passes per 90 minutes is Daley Blind (Ajax), who averages 62.45 forward passes per match.
– Daley Blind is also the player who plays most of his passes forward (74%), and he is closely followed by FC Emmen’s Michaël Heylen (73%).
– Ajax averages the most successful forward passes per 90 minutes (268.4). The lowest ranked team is ADO Den Haag, who only complete 124.8 forward passes per match.
– In the Big 5 leagues, FC Bayern München score the highest, with 282.6 completed forward passes per match. The worst performers are Ajax’ Europa League opponents Getafe CF (83.3).
Below you will find the top 10 of players per position who score the highest on % forward passes completed per match.
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.