This week’s team contains the most reliable passers based on both build up-statistics in round 25 of the Eredivisie. We selected the players with the highest % completed passes in every position.
We applied a minimum number of passes for players to be included in the Team of the Week. For defenders this is 50 passes, for midfielders 40 passes, and for attackers 20 passes. The goalkeeper minimum is 10 passes. If two players had the same pass percentage, we picked the one with the highest number of passes.
Optimize your stats:
– Only three players from teams outside the top 5 are featured: RKC’s Paul Quasten, FC Twente’s Julio Pleguezuelo, and FC Emmen’s Miguel Araujo.
– Following their 1-1 draw against PSV, Feyenoord delivers the most players this week (3).
– Feyenoord’s Steven Berghuis is the first player this season to be featured three weeks in a row.
– The best performer this week was FC Emmen’s Araujo, who completed 66 of his 69 passes. While they lost 5-1 to Sparta, Emmen still had 74% possession.
– This round, the team average of % completed passes was 78.6%. The highest scoring team was FC Emmen, who completed 86% of their 614 passes. The team with the worst passing was ADO Den Haag (65% against Heracles).
– AZ’s Stijn Wuytens is the player with the highest average per 90 minutes this season (96%).
– After 25 rounds, multiple players have scored a perfect 100% on their completed passes. The most impressive perfect pass performance was achieved by Ajax’s Lisandro Martinez, who completed all of his 61 passes against Emmen in round 2.
– Runner-up in the league AZ scores the highest across the season as a team. On average, they complete 86% of their passes per match. ADO Den Haag scores the lowest; 74% per 90 minutes.
– In the traditional Big 5 leagues, the highest average completed pass percentage is that of FC Barcelona (89%). The lowest scoring team is also a Spanish side: Getafe CF only complete 65% of their passes.
Below you will find the top 10 of players per position who score the highest on % completed passes per match:
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.