The Bundesliga is back! That is why ORTEC Sports will share the best eleven every round, based on specific statistics. This week, the Team of the Week consists of the best interceptors of the ball, based on our turn over-statistics (possession gained). These are the players with the most possession regains from open play in round 27.
Optimize your stats
– This week, only Bayern München and FC Schalke 04 deliver more than one player to the team.
– Nicolas Höfler is the best scoring player with 16 possession regains from open play, in Freiburg’s 0-1 defeat against Werder Bremen.
– Despite the large amount of possession regains by the Schalke duo Matija Nastasić and Salif Sané, the team still lost 0-3 to FC Augsburg.
– There are two kinds of possession regains in play: possession regain by duel, and possession regain by interception.
– For possession regains by duel, Ohis Felix Uduokhai of FC Augsburg topped the chart this week with 7.
– For possession regains by interception, the highest scorer was Niklas Moisander of Werder Bremen (13). However, Nastasić got into the team because Moisander did not regain possession by duel at all.
– The player with the most possession regains on the opponent half was Hoffenheim’s Florian Grillitsch (7) closely followed by another Florian: Neuhaus of Borussia Mönchengladbach (6).
Below you will find the top 10’s of Bundesliga players per position who have the most possession regains in play this season:
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.