This week’s team contains the Bundesliga’s favorite teammates based on our build up-statistics in round 30 of the league. We selected the players with the highest number of first passes received in every position.
A first pass in possession received shows how the player in question creates space for himself, asks for the ball, and is seen by teammates as the best option to start an attack.
Optimize your stats
– Just like in round 28, this week Eintracht Frankfurt delivers the most players to the team (3).
– The highest scorers on this statistic are Dortmund’s Achraf Hakimi and Fortuna Dusseldorf’s Markus Suttner, who both received 17 first passes in possession.
– We can also look at the first pass in possession sent (instead of received). In this case, the leader this week is Dortmund’s Emre Can.
– There are 3 players who are both in the top 10 of first pass in possession received and sent: Sebastian Rode (14 & 16) and Makoto Hasebe (13 & 18) of Eintracht Frankfurt, and Marin Pongracic of VfL Wolfsburg (13 & 19).
– As far as season totals go, Hakimi leads the tally with 352 first passes in possession received. When we look at the amount per match, he only just loses out to Bayern’s David Alaba (11.9 per 90 mins).
– In the traditional Big Five leagues, the other highest scorers are Leicester’s Ricardo Pereira (10.8 per 90 mins), Sevilla’s Jesus Navas (11.1), Brescia’s Stefano Sabelli (10.7), and Nice’s Wylan Cyprien (10.5).
Below you will find the top 10’s of Bundesliga players per position who have received the most first passes in possession this season:
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.