La Liga is back! That is why ORTEC Sports collected the best players from the Primera Division and the Bundesliga, based on specific statistics. For this round, the Team of the Week consists of the most successful attacking passers, based on our scoring-statistics. These are the players with the most key actions.
A key action is any action (pass, free kick, throw in, etc.) which directly leads to a shot by a teammate.
Optimize your stats
– The only club to provide more than one player to the Team of the Week is Hoffenheim.
– One of the Hoffenheim players, Sebastian Rudy, scores the highest this week, together with FC Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, and 1.FSV Mainz 05’s Daniel Brosinski (5 key actions each).
– Matthias Ginter of Borussia Mönchengladbach has now been featured in two Teams of the Week in a row. Last week, he was one of the Bundesliga players with the most first passes in possession received.
– As a goalkeeper, we chose the one with the most saves. Roberto Jiménez of Deportivo Alavés made the most saves out of all Bundesliga and La Liga keepers this round. This is quite an achievement, given the fact that he was subbed on after first keeper Pacheco was sent off 21 minutes into the match.
– The difference between key actions and assists is that key actions do not require the resulting attempt to be scored. There were two players with two assists this round; Lionel Messi and Adrián Embarba of Espanyol.
– When we look at the whole season, the following players lead the way in Spain and Germany for key actions:
|Thomas Müller||Bayern München||71||30|
|Joshua Kimmich||Bayern München||70||30|
|José Campaña||Levante UD||58||28|
|Lionel Messi||FC Barcelona||56||23|
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.