With both the Champions League and the Europa League group stages going strong it did not feel right to leave out the clubs playing in the Europa league for the Team of the Week. As a result this week’s team of the week is based on the Europa League’s round 2 of the group stages.
For this round, the Team of the Week consists of the best duelists during the attack, based on our Offensive-statistics. These are the players with the most attacking duels won during round 2 of the Europa League.
Optimize your stats
– This week’s team of the week shows no club with multiple players on the team.
– The best scoring player this week is Bruno Petkovic of Dynamo Zagreb, with 12 attacking duels won. He has won 38% of his attacking duels. The second highest scorer was also a center forward, Diego Falcinelli, With 11 attacking duels won with an impressive 55% winrate.
– The spot for the left winger was highly contested. Lozano won with his 7 wins and a 54% winrate, however Vladyslav Kabayev sported the same amount of wins as well as win rate. In the end the tie was settled by the fact that Lozano’s wins were all ground duels, whereas Kabayev had an air duel in there.
– The keeper for the Team of the Week was settled by the amount of saves. KAA Gents Davy Roef saved the most goal attempts with a whopping 16 saves. In the end however this was a rate of 75%, netting Gent 4 goals against them.
– We can also look at defensive duels won. In that case 4 players tied one another with 12 duel wins; Stian Gregersen, Andres Andrade Cedeno, Michail Bakakis and Diego Laxalt. However, of these 4 Gregersen had the highest winrate, with 86% of his defensive duels won.
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.