For this round, the Team of the Week consists of the best defensive duelists, based on our Defensive-statistics. These are the Big 5 players with the most defensive duels won during the weekend.
Optimize your stats
– This week features no players from the same team twice, making for a very diverse Team. However, it must be noted that even though they were included this week does not feature any player from the Premier League.
– The best scoring players this week are Christian Gabriel Romero of Atalanta Bergamo and Vlad Chiriches of Sassuolo, both with 19 defensive duels won. Of the two Romero had the best defensive duel win rate at 83%.
– Two players on the team have won 100% of the defensive duels they engaged in: goalkeeper Lukáš Hrádecký and forward Pere Milla Peña. Benjamin Bourigeaud won 11 out of 13 of his defensive duels, landing him an impressive 85%.
– We can also look at who engaged in the most defensive duels. In this case the Teams left center back Chiriches still comes out on top with 26 defensive duels engaged.
– Another statistic we can focus on is attacking duels won. This stat is a perfect tie between Steve Mounié of stade brest and Sébastian Haller of West Ham with 11 attacking duels won with a win-rate of 48%.
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.