Team of the Week – Europe #2
Over the weekend the Bundesliga and Serie A have started the first round of their new seasons as well. This means that the big five leagues of European football have all started their season. To that end, this weeks Team of the Week consists solely of Big Five players.
This week the Team will consist of the best Duelists of the big Five, measuring the most won ground duels per position In the case there was a tie in the position the player with the highest % of won ground duels got the spot.
Optimize your stats
– The club that brought the most players to the Team of the Week was Fulham FC, providing two players to the Team.
– The best scoring player this week is Joe Bryan of Fulham FC, with 17 won ground duels in 1 match. In total Byran has engaged in 23 duels, winning 74% of them.
– Makoto Hasebe won 100% of the ground duels he engaged in, making him go 10 out of 10 in his match.
– Fabien Centonze normally plays as right back, however this round he got put in as midfielder and has proven himself a very effective duelist in that position, winning 15 ground duels.
– Although as a goalkeeper you do not have to engage in many ground duels, Sergio Herrera has proven that when he does duel, he duels to win with 3 out of 3 ground duels won.
– We can also look at who won the most attack duels: Adama Traore Diarra, Boulaye Dia and Zinedine Ferhat all won 11 attacking duels in their match, however Boulaya Dia has the highest % of won duels with 65%.
– If we look at who won the most defensive duels David Garcia Zubiria takes the trophy with 18 defensive duels won. Of these 12 of these 18 wins were air duels however, which is why he is not included in the Team of the Week.
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.