Team of the Week – Europe #3
This week the Team of the Week consists of the Big five players with the most Key Actions in their respective Leagues’ most recent completed rounds. A Key Action is any action (pass, free kick, throw in, etc.) that directly leads to a shot by a teammate. That means that these players know to spot an opening when they see one and can capitalize on it.
Optimize your stats
– This week the club that has provided the most players for the Team is PSG with 3 players. These 3 players are all from PSG’s offensive. Showing just how well coordinated they are and how well they can find one another on the field.
– The best scoring player this week is Reece James of Chelsea, with 7 key actions in the match against West Brom even though he has only made 9 key actions in total over the current Premier League.
– Aaron Cresswell’s usual position is left back. However, in West Ham’s last 2 Premier League games they have played a 5-4-1 setup where Cresswell played in the left center back position, where he has proven to play well.
– Similarly, Federico Dimarco played last match as a defensive midfielder for Hellas Verona, however since this was a first occurrence he was still used in the Team of the Week as a left back.
– There were several goalkeepers who did 1 key action in their match, Keylor Navas, Alberto chifuentes Martinez, aaron ramsdale & Stefan Ortega Moreno. However due to it being a 4-way tie that would have to get decided by saves, it was decided that looking at saves in itself would be more efficient. Karl Darlow did exceptionally well in that regard. With 12 total saves and saving 92% of all attempts on goal, he has proved to be the man to keep our Team of the Weeks goal safe.
– Instead of Key Actions we can also look at its direct result: Shots. This week the most shots were made by Harry Kane, the center forward of the Tottenham Hotspurs with 8 shots.
– Unsurprisingly, the most Shots on Target were also made by Harry Kane with 5 shots on target, Followed by Ciro Immobile from Lazio Roma, who made 4 shots on target out of 6 shots total.
ORTEC Sports Tactic Tree
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.