This week’s Team of the Week is based on the Serie A because four Eredivisie matches were postponed. The squad includes the most goal-oriented players. Based on our scoring-statistics in round 23 of the Serie A, we selected the players with the most goal attempts per position.
Goal Attempt = any action with the intention to score a goal. If multiple players had the same number of attempts, the statistic Goals was decisive, and after that Attempts on Target. For the goalkeeper, we chose the one with the most Saves on Goal Attempts.
Optimize your stats:
– Three mid-table clubs supply two of their players: Hellas Verona, Parma, and Napoli. The only representations of top 5 teams are Juventus’ Cristiano Ronaldo and AS Roma’s Edin Dzeko.
– While they lost 2-3 against the number 17 of the league (Lecce), Napoli was the team with the most goal attempts this week: 25 in total. Torino scored the lowest, with 5 attempts against Sampdoria.
– Over the whole season, Cristiano Ronaldo is by far the player with the most attempts per match: 5.5 on average. He is followed by three players with 3.9 attempts per match: Lazio’s Immobile, Sassuolo’s Berardi, and Inter Milan’s Martinez.
– Genoa’s Goran Pandev is the player with the best goal attempt conversion rate. The Serie A veteran scored 6 out of his 17 goal attempts (35%).
– Over the current season, Atalanta Bergamo is the most dangerous team: they have 19 goal attempts per match on average. Brescia have the fewest attempts per match: 9.4.
– As far as the other four of the Big 5 leagues go, Manchester City is the team with the most goal attempts on average per match (19.1). La Liga’s Deportivo Alaves score the lowest in the big leagues: 7.7 attempts per match.
– When we include the Eredivisie, Ajax outperforms all the other teams: they average 23.3 goal attempts per match. VVV Venlo and newly promoted FC Twente have the fewest attempts: 9.9 per match.
Below you will find the top 10 of Serie A players per position who have the most goal attempts per match.
The ORTEC Sports Team of the Week is released every Monday and will present the best performing players on a specific aspect of the Tactic Tree. The Tactic Tree is used to categorize statistics into the two main stages of a game: ‘being in possession’ and the counterpart ‘possession opponent’, both divided into 4 subcategories.
Every week we pick one statistic that is used in a subcategory and based on that statistic the best scoring players on each position will be presented in the team of the week.